10.21.2008

I Was A Painter - mp3


A messy job.

Lyrics:

i was a painter i painted myself into a corner
i had to jump out through the window
and as i'm running down the street
my box of paints flies after me
and i thought this ain't the life for me

i was a sailor hit a floe turning the schooner
we were taken into a whirlpool
and as we met the icy deep
the salty water touched my teeth
and i thought this ain't the life for me

and i would never pay the rent
and i would take that golden shit
and i would wipe my ass with silk
if i was rich

went on adventure i met every kind of failure
i found myself waistdeep in quicksand
and as there were no vines to save me
i sank into the ochre evening
and i thought this ain't the life for me

get up and put your sneakers on
left behind if you take too long
get ready for the night thats coming on
get ready for the night

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites